Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selecting on map shows to relevant text data in Textbox.

Hi,

I have a map viz, where I'm showing Sales rep as a bubble, The next to the Map I placed a Textbox. So when I Click on the Bubble ( Sales Rep ) which it should show his text information( I'm pulling only one column into the Textbox )  it should show his last 3 text information.

I created a Textbox and placed the Textcolumn into the Fx. ( How to wirte the set here its giving me error ) when I try to use fx as below.

={$[TextName]}

27 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shraddha, I got your point. I have around 13 columns in table1 and 17columns in table2.

Common column with the Two tables is salesrep Table1 has ( 1900 Records ) and Table2 has ( 600 ) records once i join keep join on table2 records get limited.

On map Viz Im showing data from table one, On table Viz I'm showing his transaction text information column "TextName" based on Salesrep Join. When i select Salesrep Name in Map it should limit / show all of his "TextName" in the TableViz.

Like how we do Sets with $ ( while i select Salesrep in Map, it should filter his "TextName" in Table.

I found the below but not working.

{<MANUFACTURER_LDESC = {"*"}, CATEGORY_LDESC={"*"} >}

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Here in {<MANUFACTURER_LDESC = {"*"}, CATEGORY_LDESC={"*"} >}  what you are trying to do exactly?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In The Table Viz, When i select {salesRep} = {"*"}  any value, NameText ={"*"}  should b show in table VI.z

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

is it the possibility that Comment can be updated twice in a day?

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

PFA. Might be helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No,We are trying to load the data from QVD only.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shraddha, I didnt see any Attachment. once again could you share the attachment.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, I'm able to see the attachment. I seen the comment thorugh email.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shraddha, Thanks for the files which you have uploaded.

I have downloaded the qvf file and I understand that the two tables had joined with JOIN and made it to a single table.

But in our case, we don't have the choice to make into a single table.

1.) do we have option to concat year, month, day, hour ( which is of format showing hours) no MM:SS, where i need to convert into date format like by ( concat of year, month, day, hour ) to 'DD/MM/YY' can we add hours to this format?

2.) so what we have done as we have year(2017),month(12),day(23),hour(17)  columns in that table. So I have concat the (year, month, day, hour) into a single column and made it for sorting. the below screenshot is the report output where I need to pick first 2/ top 2 records in that output and should not show the remaining records.

I'm providing the outputfile as well.

report output.png

Where my expecting output should appear like the below. ( sorting on date column)

newoutput.png

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Can you change Date format in Source data?

I found it bit confusion.

If we see 2nd row of source data, Date is 20171178

Now this date is from jan or Nov?