Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manoranjan3359
Contributor II
Contributor II

Selective values to be affected in one filter only not in other filter of Filter pane.

Hello All, I am new to Qlik and having a question on filter pane section. Here, I am having two filters one is category and second is category name. If I selected any  value in category it won't affected or selected in second filter (category name). Same like in category name filter also. Please help me out from this. 

Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

filter.PNG

Thank you in advance.

Manoranjan

7 Replies
Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

The Category and Category name fields do not seem to be associated. What does your data model look like? Do you load them as separate tables? 

manoranjan3359
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,
I loaded them from one table only and I want to build the expression for that column as, If user selected any value in column "Category" that won't affected or selected in the second column "Category name". So I need to build the expression like that for that column in filter pane. If I need to provide some other example:

Like this;
manoranjan3359
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Another example was added as updated image in main discussion (post). Please check and let me know any information needed. Please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance.
Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

Maybe I didn't understand you correctly. Is your intention to have no associations between the two tables, that is, if you select Category you don't want it to affect Category name and vise versa?
In that case you can break the association in the load script with Loosen Table.
Tab1:
Load * from...;

Loosen Table Tab1;

More info in the help:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegu...

manoranjan3359
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Can, we write through expression (set analysis) part for that filter in filterpane. Like , If we select any filter that won't affected to next filter. Here I am using the Loosen function for that table but, unable to get my solution. Please help on this.

manoranjan3359
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Both, Category and Category Name are from the same table, I used Loosen table but I am getting some data mismatch in my table when I am using the loosen function in the table.
renuka-sasikumar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello All,

Use aggr(only(${bypass filter field name=}field)uniquekey)

bypass filter field name = filter to be bypassed

field = filter field 

only = to bypass values

aggr = required in filter

Hope this helps good day folk !

Vishal Pawar,

Regards