Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salshute
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Self-service access to Fields

As an OEM partner, we offer limited self-service to clients. Once an app is published, access to the fields disappears from the left hand panel however the customer is still able to access fields through the Data properties - Dimensions and Measures - not only through editing master items but also by creating their own.

Is there any way in which to prevent the customer from doing this and only allowing them use of Master Dimensions and Measures?

Thanks in anticipation

5 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sally - thanks for the direct email - I will moved this over to another area in the Qlik Sense Forums so it will get more visibility.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sally - you are right - i see this - though access has been removed from the selection panel on the left - on the right I can still see all the fields for the data field selection. Let me inquire within and I will get back to you.

It is possible someone else may chime in here as well.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sally - here is a potential - using HidePrefix or HideSuffix:

Self-service: Controlling Visibility of Fields in Published Apps

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
salshute
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Mike

Thanks for the video and the blog.

This is an interesting alternative however we have a huge amount of fields which are required to be hidden so not sure that it makes this viable at this stage. I will chat to our Administrator and Data Architect to see if we can perhaps do something in the load script to pick out those fields which can be hidden completely. I have also asked them to look into securities within QMC to see if we can block access to fields.

Thanks again

Sally

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Sally - one of our members has also stated that it can also be accomplished using:

Tag Fields

[Hidden Field 1],

[Hidden Field 2],

[Hidden Field 3]

with $hidden;

This can be used in combination of the two. Hide Prefix % with the key fields and Tag Fields $hidden with other fields you may want to not show in Self Service.

That way you are not aliasing individual fields

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik