Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Semantic layer

Can we join 50 tables manually in single QVD in Qlik sense like other BI Tools(Cognos,OBIEE,SAP BO)?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I don't see advantage in making all these a single qvd. The load becomes slower etc. Why are you looking to do this?

Technically you can concatenate the tables and create the single qvd.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

I don't see advantage in making all these a single qvd. The load becomes slower etc. Why are you looking to do this?

Technically you can concatenate the tables and create the single qvd.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dilipranjith
Here my requirement is to migrate cognos reports to Qlik sense , In Cognos we create model(semantic layer), using that model we develop reports
1) Here in qlik sense can we create model ?
2) Am created 2 reports in qlik sense.
3 ways I followed to develop reports
1) loaded required tables in script editor for each report
2)created each qvd for each table and loaded in script editor and developed report with that qvds
3) tried to join all tables manually to insert in single qvd ,unable to give joins.

What is the standard way to develop reports ?
Which approach I have to follow?
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

i am unfamiliar with Congnos
but Qlik Sense data modeling is similar to creating a DWH model (Star Scheme for ideal results) .
you load all the data you want the reports you want model it correctly .
adding all tables into a single qvd is unnecessary (i would not recommend). qvds are just a way to store data on file for reusability and quicker loads (incremental loads) etc.