Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Talend45
Contributor III
Contributor III

Send filter table from a report by email without QlikNPrinting

Hi all,

I have a report with many graph. In this report, I created a table with many columns, they come from my database.

In this table I have a column "Service" with many values "Informatic" "Finances" "Education" "Travel" ...

Actually, every day, I choose a service in this table (for example "Informatic"), I export the results of the table and send it by email to the responsable of the informatic service.
I do the same for each service (I send the results to the responsable of each service).

Unfortunately, I have 50 services so it's very very long.

It's possible to do the same thing automatically ?

I have Qlik Sense Enterprise

Thanks you very much.

13 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Why are you not sharing a dashboard with the recipients, so that they can consume the data directly through Qlik Sense?

Talend45
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @ToniKautto 

Sorry, I don’t understand what is it ?

I have a report with all my data that I can see but I want to send a graph 

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I am suggesting that you share a Qlik Sense dashboard with your audience, where they can access a Qlik Sense dashboard and consume the information they require. 

You can then easily share a link (eg via email) to the app/sheet that is always available with the latest data.

ShoNakajima
Employee
Employee

I think Toni's suggestion is right if each resipient is allocated a Qlik license. Otherwise, you might consider add Analyzer License (Named or Capacity base Lcs for viewers) or NPrinting based on ROI. Time you spend to do that everyday for 50 ppl might be expensive than the daily cost of the licenses for 50 ppl.

If a recipient should not see data related to services of other recipients in the app, you can consider using "Section Access"  for data level security.

Talend45
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @ShoNakajima,

I have Qlik Sense Enterprise with 10 licences.

I want to send my report in Excel. For example I want to export my table in Excel and send the result by email. I don’t want that the perso who receives the email go to Qlik

If I take NPrinting, it’s easy to do that ? What is the price ? I need only 1 licence ?

ShoNakajima
Employee
Employee

NP can distribute excel format reports to multiple recipients via email.

At this point I don't have your requirement in detail but you can create one report templete which generates multiple reports by the values in the "Service" field. For example, "Informatic" recipient recieves a report with the table filtered with "Informatic" and "Education" recipients does the report with "Education" data. I can't say it is easy or hard but still it can be set up without coding.

>> https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Cycle-in-NPrinting-and-Dynamic-Mail/m-p/81...

Please speak to your local Qlik office or your Qlik partner for pricing information.

Talend45
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @ShoNakajima.

To be clear, in my report I have multiple graph but only one graph interest me. It's a table with many columns, data coming from my database. Among these columns, I have a column "Service" with mutiples values. When I choose a service (for example "Informatic"), the table is updated.

I want (if it's possible in QlikNPrinting) to say "Send each day the filtered table with the value "Informatic" for the "Service" field to the IT manager (email that I provided)
"Send each day the filtered table with the value "Education" for the "Service" field to the Education manager (email that I provided)

And so on for each service ...

I don't know if it's possible or not by QlikNPrinting.

ShoNakajima
Employee
Employee

Yes, it is possible.

>in my report I have multiple graph but only one graph interest me

->NP generates reports using template users create. NP reports consist of multiple parts such as QS objects, images and text...Of cource you can select only one QS object, the table in this case, and put it in a report.

> "Send each day

->You can create scheduled distribution tasks in NP.

> the filtered table with the value "Informatic" for the "Service" field to the IT manager (email that I provided)
"Send each day the filtered table with the value "Education" for the "Service" field to the Education manager (email that I provided)

->It is possible. Please see my previous reply.

Please ask your local Qlik office or partner for more detail info. Thanks.

Talend45
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks you very much @ShoNakajima and @ToniKautto