cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II

Sense Server Installation

I've been asked to install the Sense Server for the first time and I'm getting the error message -

"One or more of your persistence file share folders has not been configured properly"

What does this mean and how can i sort it?

Thanks

Kev

28 Replies
kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok thanks, I have a QlikSense folder on the C drive, can i just point it to that or do i need a more complex folder structure?

C\Qlik\Sense

containing

Apps

ArchivedLogs

CustomData

StaticContent

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That should do it.

Full instructions and permissions can be found here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2018/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Deplo...

best regards,

Simon

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

do you have share folder on both the drives?

if yes  please check both are shared ? or not?  if both shared means you have to unshare one in other drive

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

OK, checked all that and looks like i have full permission for everything but it's still failing

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Does that include the sub-folders?

Also, it needs to be the Sense service account that has full permissions rather than yourself, or is that what you meant?

Easiest way to double check this is to log on to the server as the service account and make sure you have full control of the folders and contents.

Thanks,

Simon

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I don't think we have as sense service account, we were hoping just to use my details for now

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Open up services on the server and just double check what the Sense services are running under. That may well be the issue.

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

They're not there at the moment as i can't install the server. Surely they'll only appear on the services once it's installed

simon_minifie
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Ahhh, sorry, I thought the error was appearing after installation.

So, when you get to the point in the installation where you need to enter the share details, are you using the share name supplied when you created it? If you right click over the shared folder and select sharing it should display a network path. That should be what you enter into the box.

kevbrown
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Looks like it's sorted. I was using the reference to the C drive but needed to use the server name. Thank you so much for your help. It's still running now but if I have any further problems I'll let you know