Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sense bar graph. Not sorting correctly

I have loaded a flat Excel file into Sense desktop When I try to make a sorted bar diagram that has numbers ranging from -24 to 13 (not all inbetweens are included nad there are some blanks also), the bar graph doesn't sort it correclty. How can I remedy this?

akollpavvik.PNG.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Magnus - move your Sort for the AVVIK field to the top, to be the first sort field. Your screenshot shows it as the 2nd sort value.

Let us know.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Magnus

On the right-hand side with the chart selected, go to the Sorting section.  You'll need to drag the name of the meansure to the top.  for example in the screenshot below you can see that the first sort is by Customer.  If I wanted to arrange largest sales first, I'd drag Sales above Customer.  You'll then be able to click the expansion arrow and change Sorting from auto to Ascending.

SortingQlikSense.jpg

Did you want to disregard the blanks also?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Magnus,

There is a work-around here - multiple your X-Axis value by -1 and sort in ascending order:

Click the screen shots to enlarge

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Luke, Michael,

I have tried the different sorting alternatives to no avail. I also now have tried the tip from you Michael. Sadly it doesn't give an appropriate result, see below:

akollpavvik_adjust_dimcalc.PNG.png

akollpavvik_adjust_sorting.PNG.png

What can be the issue here? I have loaded a fairly large file (ca 15000 rows 67 columns) from Excel as a csv (when I did it direct as an excel file the dates where converted to the MS code number instead of it being a date, go figure?)

Please advise

brgds

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Dear Magnus,

It's quite interesting case and unusual. Would it be convenient to share the QVF file or the source data sample? If not, could you try to only load limited rows (as if 'sampling data') in your script to avoid 'impurities' data points? Hopefully this would help you for debugging.

Best regards,

Bohua

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Magnus - move your Sort for the AVVIK field to the top, to be the first sort field. Your screenshot shows it as the 2nd sort value.

Let us know.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Aha, that did the trick, when I also made sorting numerically! Thank you very much, should have seen that one.

brgds

Magnus

akollpavvik_adjust_second_sorting.PNG.png