Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roisolberg
Creator
Creator

Sense upgrade error - Wrong Postgres password(1603)

Hi,

I try to upgrade to the Nov 18 version of Qlik Sense. Currently, I have synchronized persistence, and I follow the instructions to upgrade and to convert to a shared persistence.

The problem is this: I get Postgres wrong password error. That happens even though the wizard asks me to define a password, and I input the original Postgres password. 

Already tried this:

• Removing ProgramData-->Qlik (Cut to desktop)
  • Removing special characters from the current Postgres password. 
  • Run as administrator

Logs and screenshots are attached.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi,
I had previously sent a too-rushed reply, please ignore that.
Have you tried the steps suggested here?
https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000015656

Hope this helps!

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for your response.

I will try the suggestion in the link you provided, but I have another question:

Does the upgrade installation needs to be done while the services are running? The link is not so clear about it. 

roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Daniele,

I have followed the steps from the link and uninstalled my current Qlik version.

Now, when trying to re-install that version again i receive a message stating:

"The port 80 required to run the qlik sense services is in use by another processs"

Our server provider checked and the Qlik is the only program using port 80.

I've seen a couple of post suggesting to change the port from the QMC, is there a way to change the connection port for Qlik while it is uninstalled?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi.
The services should be stopped before performing the upgrade.
Have you tried rebooting the server before restarting the insallation? There might be some hanging process locking the port.

roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Yes, I rebooted the server and stopped the Qlik web connectors service (The only one remaining after uninstalling).

Is there a way to make Qliksense use another port?

Thanks 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

That is strange.

Can you please run "netstat -abno > c:\ports.txt"  from an administrative command prompt and attach the result?

roisolberg
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

We managed to find the process that was using port 80, but experiencing a different error now. 

After successfully re-installing, we are on phase 7 and trying to activate the 'Qlik sense repository database' service, but it does not start. Already tried re-booting and activating all other services.

When I undo the sense folder re-naming and use the sense-reinstall folder, it works.

Given error is :

The Qlik sense repository database service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

What does the Repository / Trace /System  log file say, right after the issue happen?