Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

lou_grauss
New Contributor II

Sequential gradient in a pie chart

In Qlik Sense you can choose by measurements a Sequential gradient in a pie chart.

The color of the Sequential gradient goes from yellow to orange.

I would like a Sequential gradient in another color, from light gray to dark gray and from light green to dark green.

I thought I found the fx code in an example Qlik Sense app but it's not entirely working.

Is there anyone who can help me?

The fx code I found is:

Gray

Colormix1((sum([Field A])-$(=min(aggr( sum([Field A]), [Field B]))))/$(=(max(aggr( sum([Field A]), [Field B]))-min(aggr( sum([Field A]), [Field B])))),white(),RGB(123,122,120))

Green

Colormix1((sum([Field A])-$(=min(aggr( sum([Field A]), [Field B]))))/$(=(max(aggr( sum([Field A]), [Field B]))-min(aggr( sum([Field A]), [Field B])))),white(),RGB(39,110,39))

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Sequential gradient in a pie chart

Hello Louise,

I used this - along with my Sales measure:

Colormix1((sum([Sales])-$(=min(aggr( sum([Sales]), CategoryName))))/$(=(max(aggr( sum([Sales]),CategoryName))

-min(aggr( sum([Sales]), CategoryName)))),$(vBlue),$(vSalmon))

EDIT: I assume you are using this code in the color by expression area and you have the expression is a color code checked?

See attached example - I actually defined this in a variable - so you will see the definition in the variables interface.

If you can, attach your app and I can take a look.

Please copy .qvf file to your C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop with F5

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

If you got Qlikview-->

Paste and copy your expression to Color Mix Wizard

Untitled.png

follow the steps ....

lou_grauss
New Contributor II

I'm working with Qlik Sense but thanks for your reaction.

lou_grauss
New Contributor II

Hi Michael,

I tried your formula but it is not working.

Enclosed you find my app.

At this moment I'm working in the desktop version so I think it's not possible to make a variable there?

Regards Louise

Community Browser