Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
West
Contributor
Contributor

Set Analysis of filter

Hi, I have a question like this:

I have two tables, table A contains information of the worker (name, ID, age, sex, region, etc), table B contains information of deal information related to specific worker (product name, deal ID, deal month, worker ID). So these two tables are associated by "worker ID". 

I have a bar charts showing that how many deals each worker has made. And I got two filters, one for "region", the other for "month". Basically I just use "count(deal ID)" to get my results in a bar chart. And the "region" filter works fine, but not for "month" filter. Because there are cases that some worker doesn't have any deal in a specific month, e.g. Nov 2018, if I click the filter "month" for "Nov 2018", those who don't have deal will disappear in the bar chart. Could someone help fix this? I want the "month" not to affect the x-axis, which is the full list of works in the region, but it still affects the outcome. Thanks!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

Count([Deal ID])*Avg({1}1)
West
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Tresesco,

thanks for the prompt reply. It shows all the workers now, but is it possible that make the "region" filter effective under this situation?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

To disregard the 'month' filter (effectively regard all other filters including 'region'), you could try:

Count([Deal ID])*Avg({<month>}1)

West
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thant's big help!!!! Thank you so much!!