Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis on different time period in the same table

Hi All,

I am facing the following problem:

I have different products in my dataset with different launch date for instance:

ProductLaunch Date
Bread03/06/2017
Pasta14/06/2017
Biscuit23/06/2017
Pizza04/07/2017

Now I want to start some analysis by putting in the same table each product and comparing the performance of products in their first 7 days. I am able to perform a set analysis just on fixed interval of time (i.e. with a set analysis on YearWeek field) but not in this case where I just want to compare the performance of products in their first 7 days. I have tried with loading the above table and by making a P() set analysis in the field "Date", but seems not working.

Attached are some test-Data.

the following table (based on the attached test Data) is my target to reproduce in Qlik:

Launch DateRevenue
Bread03/06/2017280.5
Pasta14/06/2017201
Biscuit23/06/2017114
Pizza04/07/2017816.5

Any help would be really appreciated,

thanks in advance.

Giulio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, you don't have a choice.  It is not a place where you can use set.  Speaking of performance - your if() expressions will be simple, they are not doing to make any noticeable impact.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Giulio,

look at this: Set Analysis for certain Point in Time

i hope that helps

Beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi beck,

thanks for your reply, unfortunately, this URL doesn't fit my requirement! I am perfectly able to make any set analysis with fixed period of time in the same table. Here I am asking another question, I want to compare in the same table the first week after the Launch date so it is not a fixed range of time.

Thanks,

Giulio

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

ok, i see your point, i try to create an example and will post it to you

Beck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Team,

I am also facing same kind of challenge.

Re: Promotion event wise Data - last 'n' Days

Please help us.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Giulio,

like this

Regards,

Antonio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's not for set analysis - sets are evaluated over the whole data set,not per table row.  You can implement it using if() function without any problems.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Antonio,

thanks for your reply,

Apologize I was no clear.. I need the performance during the first 7 days since the product was launched.

I have updated the post. BTW follows the tables that I want to reproduce in Qlik.

Capture.JPG

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

This is was what I was thinking, I was believing that with some tricks by using the P() function in the set analysis could be possible.

BTW I really want to avoid if statement when possible for performance reason, do you think that one IF like this could not generate problems?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, you don't have a choice.  It is not a place where you can use set.  Speaking of performance - your if() expressions will be simple, they are not doing to make any noticeable impact.