Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Analysis to ignore one filter and allow all others

Hi - I want to be able to fix selections in my set analysis and ignore all other filters/selections in fields (lots of them - too many to list!).

Have a set expression - Avg({<Case.IsClosed={1}, DateType={'Cases closed'}>} Case.CloseDays). I want to be able to keep this the same value if any of the selections in the set analysis are changed (ignore them), but be impacted by any other filter/selection not in the set analysis (e.g. if change the date selection or country or customer etc etc).

Thanks!

Labels (1)
4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

"not in the set analysis" do you mean fields other than DateType and Case.IsClosed?  

-Rob

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm not really followint your description of your problem but I'll give you an answer to what I believe you are trying to do.

You got a data model consisting of many fields,such as Case.CloseDays.  Case.IsCloesed, DateType,Date, Country, and Customer.

You want to keep your expression static ignoring the most of the fields selections except for some of the fields, lets say Date and Country.

Try this.

Avg({1<Date=P(Date ), Country=P(Country),Case.IsClosed={1}, DateType={'Cases closed'}>} Case.CloseDays)

Please let me know if this helped you. If not then please try to explain your issue again in other words so I/we don't can understand your situation. 

Russ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Vegar! I am looking to only keep the filters fixed that are in the set expression and all other filters active - too many to exclude individually in the set expression as someone could select from various filter panes, charts and tables.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Doesn't the expression as written fix the selections that are in the set and respect selections in all other fields? Just as you are asking?  Or am I misunderstanding?

-Rob