Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrainey18
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis with Variables

I am trying to figure out this set analysis and I cannot get it to work.  Basically I am trying to count a set of distinct values if they fall in the past 7 days and if their status is delivered:

count(distinct {<CalendarDate = {'>=$(=$(vSevenDaysAgo))'}, Status = {'DELIVERED'}>} OrderNumber)

This works by itself:

count(distinct {<Status = {'DELIVERED'}>} OrderNumber)

But when I add in the date it comes up with Zero.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anseglko
Creator
Creator

For some weird reason I got it working by replacing the single quotes with double quotes..

count(distinct {<CalendarDate = {">=$(=vSevenDaysAgo)"}, Status = {'DELIVERED'}>} OrderNumber)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Try this

count(distinct {<CalendarDate = {'>=$(=vSevenDaysAgo)'}, Status = {'DELIVERED'}>} OrderNumber)

mrainey18
Creator
Creator
Author

That still gives me 0 and it should be showing 30.

bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Can you share sample data or .qvw file?

mrainey18
Creator
Creator
Author

No, unfortunately I can not. 

anseglko
Creator
Creator

For some weird reason I got it working by replacing the single quotes with double quotes..

count(distinct {<CalendarDate = {">=$(=vSevenDaysAgo)"}, Status = {'DELIVERED'}>} OrderNumber)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

@anseglko wrote:

For some stupid reason I got it working by replacing the single quotes with double quotes..

It has a strong reason.

With new qlik engine,

single quotes are used only for exact match in comparison

double quotes are used for search expression

Check this: Quotes in Set Analysis

anseglko
Creator
Creator

Okay! Thank you for the info

mrainey18
Creator
Creator
Author

This did not work either.  It might be because we are on a different version of Qlik Sense.  What version are you running?  I'm going to download the latest version onto my desktop and see if I can get this to work.  Otherwise I'll do some fun stuff on the load to get it to work.

anseglko
Creator
Creator

I'm running April 2019