Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set analysis chart measure ignoring axis dimension

What I am trying to achieve is have a chart which shows the total number of events per day divided by the total number of people in a group.

Some of the people in the group do not ever have an event, so when I add the event_date as an axis these are excluded from the base count.

If you look at the second tab of the attached QVF file you can see what I'm trying to achieve, I would normally have thought that the following expression:

COUNT(TOTAL <status> DISTINCT {<event_date=>} customer_id)

But this only gives me the number of customers who have ever had an event, and does not include the count of people who have not had one event ever.

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

How about if you try this?

Only({<event_date=>}Aggr(NODISTINCT COUNT(DISTINCT {<event_date=>} customer_id), status))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This works if I don't select any value on the axis of the chart - if I pick any dates on the x axis of the charts the values go to blank / null. I'm hoping to be able to show the # of total customers even if you select a date range for event_date.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

I selected event_date and still seeing the chart

Capture.PNG

Are you seeing something different?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This happens if I pick 10th Jan to 15th of feb as an example

sunny_talwar

Not sure if you are looking at the file I attached, but I am seeing this

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Even with this, I would like the axis to only show the selected dates, which isn't the case in the attached screenshot you provided - is this even possible?

sunny_talwar

I guess the bigger problem is/was that if you are not seeing what i am seeing... if you are now able to see it, we can work on removing the extra stuff out of the way...

sunny_talwar

To remove the extra stuff... uncheck 'Include zero values' under Add-ons -> Data handling

Capture.PNG