Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set analysis filter a dimension

hi I need a bit of help. I am trying to analyse a large dataset to see what clients/customers are driving "losses" .... as such I should be able to select the "n" clients who have a profit <0

this is the set expression I wrote. it doesn't seem to work in Qliksense and I cant apply a filter too... any help would be appreciated. thank you

sum({$<CLIENT={"$(=aggr(sum(PROFIT),CLIENT)<0)"}>} PROFIT)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In Qliksense you can achieve the same thing like this

Inline Table in script:

CustomerType:

LOAD

INLINE [

CustomerType

Profitable

Non-Profitable];

Now use the above dimension as filter, and in expression of the chart give like below

=If(GetFieldSelections(CustomerType) = 'Profitable', sum({$<CLIENT={"=sum(PROFIT)>0"}>} PROFIT),

If(GetFieldSelections(CustomerType) = 'Non-Profitable', sum({$<CLIENT={"=sum(PROFIT)<0"}>} PROFIT),

Sum(MeasureName)))

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try this: sum({$<CLIENT={"=sum(PROFIT)<0"}>} PROFIT)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

I assume that you have Client as dimension and then you didn't need the aggr, try it with something like this:

sum({$<CLIENT={"=sum(PROFIT)<0"}>} PROFIT)

or with aggr

sum({$<CLIENT={"=sum(aggr(sum(PROFIT),CLIENT))<0"}>} PROFIT)

and as listbox-expression

aggr(sum(PROFIT)<0, Client)

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

THank you Marcus_Sommer and gwassenaar I got this now. I am still wondering I could have it as a "button" to click and select in one go all the clients that are not profitable. I think its possible in QV... I just don't know how to do it on sense.

THank you for your help.

neil@

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

In Qliksense you can achieve the same thing like this

Inline Table in script:

CustomerType:

LOAD

INLINE [

CustomerType

Profitable

Non-Profitable];

Now use the above dimension as filter, and in expression of the chart give like below

=If(GetFieldSelections(CustomerType) = 'Profitable', sum({$<CLIENT={"=sum(PROFIT)>0"}>} PROFIT),

If(GetFieldSelections(CustomerType) = 'Non-Profitable', sum({$<CLIENT={"=sum(PROFIT)<0"}>} PROFIT),

Sum(MeasureName)))

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jagan. what does the "Sum(MeasureName)))" do at the end?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry it is Sum(PROFIT).

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jagan.  Somehow I get exactly the same numbers for both Profitable and not profitable… not sure if its working.. ☹

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

neil rodrigues wrote:

THank you Marcus_Sommer and gwassenaar I got this now. I am still wondering I could have it as a "button" to click and select in one go all the clients that are not profitable. I think its possible in QV... I just don't know how to do it on sense.

THank you for your help.

neil@

In both QV and QS, a selection can only be made of a dimension, or a field, not of a calculated value -- which exists only in the context of the sheet object containing the calculation. Selecting a value in an expression column is actually a selection on the dimensions for that row.

If you determine profitability in the load script and set a flag, then you can make the selection using the flag. You will need to do this at the appropriate level of granularity for your system.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Jonathan. I did use the flag_feild concept (did help me to some extent)...

now I have been asked to do something more complicated... dynamically quarltile the customers depending on profit

I used this from

Aggr(Pick(Ceil(4*Rank(sum(PROFIT),CLIENT)/Count(distinct total CLIENT)),

'1st quartile','2nd quartile','3rd quartile','Bottom quartile'), CLIENT)

I get the data in 4 quartiles but the client count is equally split into 4 buckets instead of a percentage based split (like 25% etc) how can I get this to show quartiles? Top 25%, Top50, ....#

thank you