Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BI-Controller
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set-analysis ignore filter (exclude values?)

Hello,

I have made a set-analys this that looks like below, which works fine:

Sum({$<[FactType]={'Actuals'}, [AccountNr]={"3*"} >}[Amount])

Now I want to add to the set-analysis a condition that if the filter "Scenario" is filtered, it should be ignored in this Measure. I.e. something like what I have below, where P* stands for the possible values in Scenario which could be "P202001", "P202002" and so one. But how could I make a set analysis that ignores what is selected in the "Scenario" filter?

Sum({$<[FactType]={'Actuals'}, [AccountNr]={"3*"}, [Scenario] not equal to {'P*'} >}[Amount])

Thanks

BI-Controller

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sergio3
Partner - Contributor III

U need to drop Scenario filter in this measure?

{<Fact_TYpe={'123'}, Scenario=>}

Or possible value this scenario?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

can you try something like this -

Sum({$<[FactType]={'Actuals'}, [AccountNr]={"3*"}, [Scenario] -= {'P*'} >}[Amount])

not sure if you need to use single or double quote. If that doesn't work, you may also want to try !=.

BI-Controller
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply! I tried with your suggestion and also changed to double quote like suggested. However still no output data, it looks like when I had this set analysis: [Scenario] -= {"P*"} it filters away everything, so I get zero output... 

Is there another way I could do the set-analysis, to instead say that all possible [Scenario] should be shown regardless of any filtering?

sunny_talwar

So, you want to ignore anything which is selected or do you want to ignore anything which begins with P within Scenario?

BI-Controller
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I want to ignore everything which is selected in [Scenario]. I just used "P*" because I did not now how to write ignore everything...

Sergio3

U need to drop Scenario filter in this measure?

{<Fact_TYpe={'123'}, Scenario=>}

Or possible value this scenario?

sunny_talwar

May be this

If(GetSelectedCount([Scenario]) = 0,
Sum({$<[FactType]={'Actuals'}, [AccountNr]={"3*"}>}[Amount]), Sum({$<[FactType]={'Actuals'}, [AccountNr]={"3*"}, [Scenario] = e([Scenario])>}[Amount])
)
BI-Controller
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Sergio3, this solution seems to work for me:

Sum({$<[FaktaTyp]={'Utfall'}, [Kontonr]={"3*"}, [Scenario]= >}[Belopp])

Again, many thanks for your help, all of you! 

Sergio3

Perfect!

Click on "Accept as soluton"

Than you!