Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchanaB
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set analysis on dimension in aggr() funtion

Hi Everyone,

I am stuck with aggr() function issue in QlikSense App. I am using Aggr() function in my expression, and inside the measure, I have restricted few filters while calculating it using set analysis, the same filter restriction should apply to the dimension as well. I tried using Set analysis on dimension, but it doesnot work . Please help . 

Below is my expression :

aggr(if(RangeSum(Above(SUM({<Period=,Date={">=01/01/2019<=30/06/2019"}>}SPEND_ACTUAL), 0, RowNo()))/sum( {<Period=,Date={">=01/01/2019<=30/06/2019"}>} TOTAL SPEND_ACTUAL)<=0.80,PARENT_SUPPLIER_ID),
(PARENT_SUPPLIER_ID,(=SUM({<Period=,Date={">=01/01/2019<=30/06/2019"}>}SPEND_ACTUAL),Desc)))

In this expression, I want to avoid filtering PArent_Supplier_ID diemsion on Period as well but it is not working , Because of that even when I applied restriction on whole measure, the measure still filters on PEriod and calculates the wrong value.

Please help

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are not using calculated dimension, i.e. - using a field directly in dimension in a chart, the restriction using set analysis in the main measure expression should limit the dimension values as well. What are your dimension and measure expression?

ArchanaB
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My dimension = (PARENT_SUPPLIER_ID,(=SUM({<Period=,Date={">=01/01/2019<=30/06/2019"}>}SPEND_ACTUAL),Desc)))

and measure  = if(RangeSum(Above(SUM({<Period=,Date={">=01/01/2019<=30/06/2019"}>}SPEND_ACTUAL), 0, RowNo()))/sum( {<Period=,Date={">=01/01/2019<=30/06/2019"}>} TOTAL SPEND_ACTUAL)<=0.80,PARENT_SUPPLIER_ID)

Set analysis "{<Period=,Date={">=01/01/2019<=30/06/2019"}" being applied in dimension while doing sum , but while calculating the aggregated value, it  is restricting PArent_supplier_Id on Selected period. While as per set analysis applied in measure, it should not restrict the parent_supplier_ID on period