Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephenhasson
Creator
Creator

Set analysis question re line graphs/yearly comparison

Hi,

I have a calculation of 'utlisation' app which shows the %-age of 'productive' vs 'indirect' labour hours, based on a 'labour type' of I or P.

This works fine so far but I want to extent this to show the productive percentage year on year.

The calculations I have used so far is for '%-Age' is: Sum(LabourHrsExclHoliday) / Sum(TOTAL(LabourHrsExclHoliday)),  which correctly shows the breakdown between I and P hours for the selections made.

In a  new line graph, I'd like to show on the %-Age (as defined above) for the P hours only, for a range of years. Whenever I have >1 year selected, the figures change as (I assume) the TOTAL function is recalculating.

How do I use Set Analysis (if this is the right approach?) to show results for productive hrs only and have the percentage shown correctly for each year? I've tried doing this in a data table first before I attempt the graph but can't figure out the use of '1' vs '$' qualifier (if that's even what's required)

Thanks.

3 Replies
stephenhasson
Creator
Creator
Author

App attached

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

this is your expression:

Sum(({<LabourType={'P'}>}LabourHrsExclHoliday) / Sum(TOTAL(LabourHrsExclHoliday))

this is what you  need:

Sum({<LaborType={'P'}>}LabourHrsExclHoliday) / Sum(TOTAL(LabourHrsExclHoliday))

syntax error

stephenhasson
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply. This cleared up the syntax error, but I can't get the logic to work as I want.

If I look at this info, for 2018, it's good (image 1)  75.8% of the hours used are P(roductive). Also ok for 2017 (image 2)

But when I select 2017 and 2018 together, the %-age figures are wrong (image 3). What I'd like to see is per image 4.

I'm assuming if i can get the syntax correct and get this correct in a datatable I'll then be able to setup a line graph to show this (and if fact I then need to include a month dimension also).

Thanks for your help, it's appreciated.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG