Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SerSwagster
Creator
Creator

Set analysis within if expression

Hi everyone.

I have a table with one expression. I want to to make this table unsensitive to all the selections which can be made on the sheet. How can I do this with this expression?

=if(NOT IsNull(
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '20_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Man*','*Tot*','*Liv*'), '21->20',
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '21_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Eve','*Ars*','*Wes*'), '20->21'))),
(
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '20_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Man*','*Tot*','*Liv*'), '21->20',
if(WildMatch(League, '*Premier*') and Left(Season, 4) = '21_' and WildMatch(Club,'*Eve','*Ars*','*Wes*'), '20->21'))))

I have to exclude every selection made, but in this specific case about fields Role, Status and Notes, that are not included in this code, but are linked to the fields mentioned above.  How can I operate in this expression?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

If you want to make an expression completely ignore the selection, then you want to use Set Analysis with a single operator. i.e. {1}

This means that for example if you had an expression Sum(Num) you could make it insensitive to the selection by changing it to Sum({1} Num)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAn... has more information on set analysis

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andrew_Delaney
Support
Support

If you want to make an expression completely ignore the selection, then you want to use Set Analysis with a single operator. i.e. {1}

This means that for example if you had an expression Sum(Num) you could make it insensitive to the selection by changing it to Sum({1} Num)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAn... has more information on set analysis