Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting up user password QMC

Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time trying to understand the users management on Qlik Sense QMC. I already have one user, that is the server user. I'm trying to create a second user but I can't understand how to set the access password of this user. I create an Excel file with this user information and use 'Users connector directory' and Excel ODBC in order to bring this user to the Sense server. Then I allocate a license token for this user, but I can't access my hub with this user because I don't have a password and I can't find where to setting it up.

Don't know if you understand it, and I'm think I'm missing something very important.

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Pollyanna,

Check this video out - it will explain a bit more - the UDC is only to bring in user metadata to the repository - it does not provide any authentication: Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

By default user authentication is handled via Windows operating system local / domain security. So you use the id and password that is in your windows system. You then setup user / login access to the system with the QMC.

You might want to check out the whole series available here: https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7144#qmc

Available from this index: New to Qlik Sense Enterprise Server Videos

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Pollyanna,

Check this video out - it will explain a bit more - the UDC is only to bring in user metadata to the repository - it does not provide any authentication: Qlik Sense Platform - Qlik Management Console User Directory Connector - Part 5

By default user authentication is handled via Windows operating system local / domain security. So you use the id and password that is in your windows system. You then setup user / login access to the system with the QMC.

You might want to check out the whole series available here: https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7144#qmc

Available from this index: New to Qlik Sense Enterprise Server Videos

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Michael, I'm gonna take a look at the videos!

Not applicable
Author

შენ შვილო ყლე ხარ? ყველგან ამას როგორ დებ რამე დაწერე