Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
COVID_2019
Contributor
Contributor

Sharing COVID-19 dashboard to public and extract web online data

Hi

I have been using Qlik Sense at work for some times but I am still quite new to it. So I create a COVID-19 dashboard as practice and then I come across two problems.

1. I am using a trial QS cloud service to create my dashboard and I find that I cannot extract the csv files shared by Johns Hopkins Univ directly. In the data loading script, I simply cannot find "web connection" option in creating connection. In the end I have to download these files (well with some script I can automate the process) and then re-upload to Dropbox for QS connection. Is the "web connection" only available to enterprise users?

2. Is it possible to share the dashboard to public users? I know I can send the raw file to users, but is there a way for users to access my dashboard directly? I suppose it is a paid feature but want to double check with that.

By the way, below are some screen shots of my dashboard. It's not a very sophisticated one, but if you are find it useful, feel free to get the QS file here.

Thanks in advance.

Image 20200322 193656.jpg

Image 20200322 190135.jpg

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

@COVID_2019 

1- Qlik Web file connector is not available in Qlik Sense Business. You will be able to make the connection using Rest connector.

2- You will not be able to share the dashboard with public users using your Qlik Sense Business account.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Wlad_Masi
Employee
Employee

@COVID_2019 

1- Qlik Web file connector is not available in Qlik Sense Business. You will be able to make the connection using Rest connector.

2- You will not be able to share the dashboard with public users using your Qlik Sense Business account.

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
mthfts
Contributor
Contributor

How to share then?