Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheet Level Section access

Hi Community,

I am trying to implement Sheet Level Section access on Qlik Sense. I tried in QMC(Security Rules) but not worked, if anyone have solution for this. Please share with us.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

Have a look here: Section Access

- Marcus

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I think the document you are linking to works for QlikView. I have not seen sheet access being managed with Section Access in Qlik Sense. Am I overlooking something?

As far as I know, this has to be done with rules in the QMC, but I am happy to be proven wrong.

May you live in interesting times!
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I think using Section Access for sheet access is only possible in QlikView.

I think for Qlik Sense you need to set some security rules.

Start with making sure the users you want to give access to specific sheet(s) do not have access to that app or stream in any other way.

Next, create a security rule with the "App object access" template.

See attachment for a suggestion. Can't guarantee it will work, but it at least should get you a step in the right direction.

May you live in interesting times!
marcus_sommer

Sorry, I haven't read carefully enough that the questions was related to sense.

- Marcus

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Bazil,

Check this out: this could be of help to you:

Sheet level Section Access in Qlik Sense ??

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bazil,

Here are some steps through which you can implement sheet level security. The steps are the same as given in this link. But just in a more detailed manner.

i) In sheet level security, we have to create a new security rule in the QMC which defines the name of the sheet and the user who should have access to the sheet.

ii) Before creating a new security rule, we have to change the existing default security rule named “Stream” in the “Security Rule” section of the QMC.

iii) In the “Stream-->Advanced-->Condition”, add the following rule at the end:

(resource.objecttype!="sheet")).

So the modified security rule will look something like this:

1.png

iv) Now, create a new security rule “sheet” with “Resource filter” as “App*” and “Condition” as shown in the screenshot below.

v) Note, here the user_name is “administrator” and the sheet_names which he has access to are “fiscal” and “fiscal_test”. These are the only two sheets for which "Administrator" will have access to.

vi) The following screenshot will give an idea of the description of the newly created security rule “sheet”:

2.png

Regards,

Rohan

michalogonowski
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, look at this doc.

Best,

Michał