Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sheet Navigation & Action Buttons

Hello Everyone -

I'm having issues with the Sheer Navigation & Action Buttons in Qlik Sense.

I have two buttons.

I have two variables that identify the job -

vSalesConsultant

vSalesManager

I want them to act as a filter so when a person clicks on one of the two positions they only see the data related to those positions.

In the settings for the button -

I do the drop down for ACTIONS

and my 'First Action' I selected "Set Variable Value" and under "Value" I did the following... =$(vSalesManager)

When I go to click on my button - it does nothing. Please help! Thanks!

13 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

If you have those charts as Grid Table then you can probably use Ad-Hoc extension.

It will work as an On-Off button for user.

check the below extension

Ad-Hoc

Not applicable
Author

I would like to be able to use this current extension and not have to change to a new one.

Thanks for the feedback though!

Not applicable
Author

Anyone able to offer any help on this?

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have a look at the following extension called Vizlib Text Object, it supports selection in fields (in addition to everything else!)

Qlik Branch

You could then implement a dynamic background color as well depending on the current applied filters, indicating when something is already selected or not.

Not applicable
Author

I'm working on server and need to get the current extension to work. I don't have the ability to bring all these other extensions in. So I'm limited. I need to make this one work.

Thank you though

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Do you have access to the dev-hub?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, but with limited rights to do things. I can't import extensions - it's locked with a password.

MK9885
Master II
Master II

You can at least test the new extensions on your Desktop client and if it gives what you want then probably ask the Admin to import the extension on server?

I believe in Qlik Sense we require to test different extensions to get the result..a workaround is highly preferred.

The extension you're stick to is hard to implement in Sense.

Even after assigning variable value as 1 or 0, how would you assign the same value in Chart to reflect the condition? We've an option to add conditional expression but it doesn't work as we want...

Not applicable
Author

Okay -

I had my admin add this to server and I'm still experiencing difficulties. I'm trying to create the same actions in org post. Can you advise on why when I click on this - it doesn't do what I am trying to do?