Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEBG93
Creator
Creator

Sheet Navigation + Actions: Keeping selections when applying a bookmark

Hello experts,

I'm trying to create a button that selects a value in a Dimension through a bookmark which is: {<Card={'RED'}>}

The problem is when I select another dimension value, say a certain date, and apply the bookmark all previous selections are deselected.

Is there a way of keeping these previous selections?

I'm thinking that {<Card*={'RED'}>} might work, but don't know how to create that as a bookmark.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I can't see a way to do that either. Ideally if you could edit the bookmark you could try the {-1} set to pick up the previous selections, but there's no way to edit the bookmark. So...does it have to be a bookmark? Could you use the "select a value in a field" button action?

MEBG93
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello Rodj, I've tried every way to do it, but the only parameter that works seems to be using the bookmark. I've also tried locking all selections first and then apply the bookmark, but it still deselects everything.

Is there an alternative for creating a button that selects a value without affecting current selections and navigate into a specific sheet?

Thanks 

R_1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is it a dynamic or a static bookmark. Correct me if i'm wrong , from the explanation i understand you're creating a bookmark using on button ? 

Did you try {$*BM}? Is it possible to provide a sample app.

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Yeah I played with locking the selections etc yesterday as well, bookmarks override everything unfortunately, they are basically a snapshot of the model and app state. I'd be long to use a variable to apply the new selection and activating that via a button, which is typically how I do what it sounds like you are trying to do. That said I don't know enough about your scenario to understand if that's right for you. 

Rod.