cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilipMertin
Partner - Contributor III

Sheet title styling background color

I'm trying to set the background color in the sheet title styling using a hex code, which I get from Instant Eyedropper (2.0.0.0). I set Instant Eyedropper to provide me with the Hex code, but when I put this Hex code in the color dialogue box next to the #, then I get a totally different color. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

For example, I use Instant Eyedropper to get the blue color from the label from a Salesforce (app) label. It gives me the Hex code "0xE0A100". If I use this and put it in the color box in the styling dialogue box next to the "#", or even just the last 6 letters of it, I get a brown-orange color.

I've even tried Delphi Hex and VB Hex too, nothing works.

Please tell me I'm not crazy? 😉

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilipMertin
Author

I found the reason for the confusion. I now also installed Just Color Picker and it turns out, it's giving the same values. But. checking the code you gave me, I found it under the HTML code. It's not a Hex code. So you have to use the HTML code, then you're all good.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I've got no idea what Instant Eyedropper is, but E0A100 translates to rgb(224, 161, 0) which is indeed a somewhat brownish orange color. It looks like you're getting a color match for the small cross in the middle rather than the surrounding blue?

A quick Google search suggests Salesforce Blue is 009EDB.

PhilipMertin
Author

It looks like Instant Eyedropper is not returning the correct Hex code. Which I find very strange, as it gives the correct RGB values. Instant Eyedropper is a software utility tool you install on windows to pick colors with to get their codes..

PhilipMertin
Author

I found the reason for the confusion. I now also installed Just Color Picker and it turns out, it's giving the same values. But. checking the code you gave me, I found it under the HTML code. It's not a Hex code. So you have to use the HTML code, then you're all good.