Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xaelm
Contributor II
Contributor II

Show/Hide Chart Objects in Qlik Sense?

Hello,

Is it possible in Qlik Sense to show/hide entire chart objects with a button like in QlikView?

I've seen a few workarounds where you can use a calculation condition within a chart, or use 'show condition' within a container, but my problem with those approaches is that the chart object still remains, i.e. there's an empty chart object still taking up space. 

The functionality I'm seeking would be: click button>show chart/chart object | click button again>hide chart/chart object.

Essentially I have visualizations displaying high level info and I want a button that would display a table with the detail should the user want it.

Appreciate any help, thanks!!!

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xaelm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I actually ended up finding an extension that provides the functionality I was looking for: 

https://github.com/kabir-rab/qs-modal 

Description: "A Qlik Sense modal extension that allows embedding of contents and texts within Qlik Sense application. Add multiple buttons to open modals and show master visualization or embedded contents (iFrame) within your Qlik Sense application." 

Hope this helps anyone else running into the same issue. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Create a variable

"vShowChart" and set its initial value to 0 (hidden).

On button set this variable

=IF(vShowChart = 0, 1, 0)

Conditional expression show value

=vShowChart

xaelm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Chanty4u,

Thanks for taking the time to respond but unfortunately your solution still doesn't give me the desired functionality. 

As you can see from the attached screenshot, while the visualization is not being displayed, the chart object still remains and takes up space.

The functionality I am looking for is similar to the QlikView "Show Conditional" option... I don't believe it's possible in Qlik Sense?

The logic appears to be the same, but while Qlikview actually hides both the chart and chart object, Qlik Sense seems to hide just the chart while the object remains.

Vicky_Z
Support
Support

There were some old discussions, https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Can-Show-Hide-is-possible-in-qliksense/td-p/2379

but Qlik Sense's hide/show feature is not the same as QlikView's.

You may try to find if any extensions offers the function.

xaelm
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I actually ended up finding an extension that provides the functionality I was looking for: 

https://github.com/kabir-rab/qs-modal 

Description: "A Qlik Sense modal extension that allows embedding of contents and texts within Qlik Sense application. Add multiple buttons to open modals and show master visualization or embedded contents (iFrame) within your Qlik Sense application." 

Hope this helps anyone else running into the same issue. Thanks!