Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show a default message before a button clicked

I have a container chart, I have created three buttons so that user will click button and will be able to see whatever chart they need to see inside the container. But without any selection the container shows nothing just a white box, what I want is to show a message inside the chart i.e., 'click a button to view any chart', and when any button is clicked, the message will disappear and show the chart. I have added an image for better understanding - 

Reko_freed_0-1668437834540.png

If it's possible then please help,

thanks in advance

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You could add a fourth object to the container, which would be a text object and the default for that container. You could then use that object for whatever text you wanted.

Alternatively, you could pick one of the other three as the default object, and use the Calculation Condition of that chart to display a specific message unless a button has been selected (assuming each button modifies a variable of something of that nature, you can use that to check if something has been selected or not and reference it in the calculation condition).

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have added a kpi in that container with the text message on it and set that as default for the container, but now my buttons are not working, it became static, it only shows the message in the container. Could you please elaborate sir what I need to do

Or
MVP
MVP

Sorry, but I can't elaborate as I have no idea how you've set up your container and buttons...

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If I mention the steps, then will it be helpful for you? they are simple btw!!!

1 - create a container chart -> added four bar charts in that container (just drag and drop)

2 - created a variable say 'vselectchart' -> added four buttons from charts options -> select a button ->  actions - > choose - set variable value -> variable - select 'vselectchart' -> In value, put -  'chart1' 

3- select the chart in the contaier -> In show condition, put   vselectchart = 'chart1'

4 - repeat for rest of the buttons

Or
MVP
MVP

That sounds like the correct process. Did you add this to the KPI object as well and confirm it's working correctly? It sounds like your issue might be in that neighborhood.

Reko_freed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No sir, actually I dont know how to do that for kpi(display a message), I mean what formula do I need to put, what I want is before clicking a button it should display, after a button is clicked it should disappear.

Or
MVP
MVP

Something along the lines of Not Match(vselectchart ,'chart1','chart2','chart3')?