Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show filtered values in one table, and the inverse of the filter in a second table

Hey Qlik community, I've got a head-scratcher that I can't seem to find the solution for - not even sure if it's possible! Hoping that you can help me as sort of a last ditch effort.

My app is a list of stores, and the filters that the user can select refer to certain attributes that the store might have.

What I am being asked to build includes a list of all of the stores which have the attributes(easy), right next to a list of all of the stores which do not have the attributes(tough?). I am not sure how I can simultaneously show filtered values, and then in a separate visualization show the inverse.

Furthermore, to complicate things, there are other filters the user can select which should not be affected by this. Meaning, there are five different selections the user can filter by, which will ultimately bring them down to a list of stores remaining in the filter. Then, next to the list of stores, there should be a second list which is affected by four of the filters, and shows the inverse of another filter.

Basically lets say the user has selected A='value1', B='value2', C='value3', D='value4', and E='value5'.

I need to simultaneously have one table that shows all <expression> for which A='value1', B='value2', C='value3', D='value4', and E='value5', and then another table that shows all <expression> for which A='value1', B='value2', C='value3', D='value4', and E <> 'value5'.

Is this possible at all in QlikSense? Any help is appreciated!

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex,

Is this somewhat close to what you're trying to achieve?

Capture.PNG

If yes, then please use the attached file.

Rgds,

Benazir

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Benazir what you have there looks great and it looks like it's exactly what I need!!!

But.....the .qvf file you provided doesn't seem to have the sheet on it that you're showing in the screenshot. Did you send an older version of the file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I did send you the right version. When I download the attachment I can see the sheet. Can you send me an email @ benazir@velaninfo.com - I will email the file to you.

PS: can you try downloading from the link below:

https://ufile.io/10orp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's what I did:

Listbox:

listbox.PNG

Table with stores where software is installed:

1. Create chart - type: Straight table
  2. Add dimension - StoreNumber
  3. Add expression:
    • If(SoftwareType = GetFieldSelections(SoftwareType), 'Yes', null())
    • Label: Software Installed?

installed.PNG

Table with stores where software is not installed:

1. Create chart - type: Straight table
  2. Add dimension - StoreNumber
  3. Add expression:
    • If(SoftwareType = GetFieldSelections(SoftwareType), null(), 'No')
    • Label: Software Installed?

not installed.PNG

These are textboxes:

textboxes.PNG

Hope this helps

PS: this solution will work when user selects only one software at one time. Ensure that "Älways one selected" option is checked in the listbox.

Rgds,

B

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Benazir!

It looks like what you have there is a Qlik View solution, which is great.......but sadly I am using QlikSense for this problem. QlikSense doesn't all you to select all of those helpful properties for the straight tables, and doesn't have list boxes, which look like the most helpful part of this.

That's probably why I'm unable to see the sheet as well: I'm opening it up using QlikSense Desktop, not Qlik View.

What you have provided has gotten me closer to a solution, though - I didn't think to use the "GetFieldSelections()" function in QlikSense. Still have a ways to go though.

Thanks for taking the time out to help me with this, I really appreciate it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Happy to help Alex. Maybe you can try this:

https://github.com/ClimberAB/ClimberSelectionBar

It is an extension for Listbox in QlikSense.