Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show max & min values filtered by type in a table

Hello,

in my data set, I have an object type (e.g. plane, car, etc.) and the corresponding values (cost of buying, current market price, reselling value etc.). I'm trying to make a table that has the object types in one column, and then one column for the maximum and minimum values per object type respectively. I also need to insert a drop-down menu to choose between market price, buying costs, and the other values.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this? I know there's a drill down function for dimensions, but that doesn't seem to work for tables. I also have many different object types from different firms that I can't all insert manually, so Qlik has to choose/show them itself.

So the formula needs to do something like "Show max/min MarketPrice OR BuyingCost OR SellingPrice (depending on what's selected) BY distinct object type", and show that in a list corresponding to the individual object type in the row.

I'm really grateful for suggestions!

Cheers

Cinta

3 Replies
shanky1907
Creator II
Creator II

Did you try to implement this by taking chart as the object and selecting table in it with Drill Down groups?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Shashank, thank you for your answer! I'm not sure I understand what you mean? I tried at first to insert a column in my table with an object drill down. The column returned empty fields.

shanky1907
Creator II
Creator II

Try to take Chart as the object and select table in it:

Capture.PNG

Select any of the above as your chart type and then add drill down group adding dimensions in your group.