Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomhovens
Contributor II
Contributor II

Show more values in Line Chart

Dear Qlikers,

Is it possible to show more values in a Line Chart? So I can choose how many values will be visibleLineChart.png

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In a sense. You can limit the chart to a Top N. See the Limitation option of the dimension in the properties pane of the line chart.

Or you can use variables to select an interval of dates in a set analysis expression so the chart only shows the results for that interval. Or use this extension: GitHub - NOD507/SenseDateRangePicker: A date range picker extension for qliksense

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Tom,

Sense cannot display more values here. You can only aggregate them to show a bigger time range in the same window.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Tom,

Alternatively, you can consider using a date drill down line -> year->quarter->month->week->day.

this will reduce the number of values you show but also give you the whole picture.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Tom,

We have target 'time aware charts' for Qlik Sense 3.0 (to be released in June).  This enhancement will understand that you are displaying a time series and compress into the space (along with appropriate labelling).

In the meantime you may want to use this extension: http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae6987f

-Josh

Qlik

PS: I'm legally required state that my future looking statements may change so they can not be depended upon when making decisions.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Old thread this one, but I just ran into the issue myself, and the solution was simply that the timestamp needs to be interpreted as a timestamp and not as a string. So in my case I added the following to my load script:

Timestamp#([Timestamp], 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss.fff') as TimestampContinuous