Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show most recent data in Qlik Sense

Hi everyone,

I want to set an action that basically everytime when I open my Qlik Sense app, it will show me all my graphs in the most recent data (month and year, not date). I know how to do this in QlikView (document properties - triggers) but I don't know how can I do it in Qlik Sense or what other alternatives do you suggest?

For example, using max(year) and max(month) in all my formulas.. like this Sum({$<Year={$(=Max(Year))}>}sales)... is there a better/quicker way?

Thanks!!!!!

trig.JPG

15 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's not possible in Qlik Sense afaik. There are no triggers available in Qlik Sense apps.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Viridana,

Maybe as a work around you can try something like this:

load an inline table with one value as "Most recent data". and create flags in your master calendar for the latest date and use that flag in the data model to link the "Most Recent data".

Now in the front end, please the "Most Recent data" as a filter, now select the filter and Create a Bookmark.

If you want to initialize the bookmark when the app is opened, you will have to build an extension to apply a bookmark or open the app with the bookmark itself.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

that's actually a very good idea. Thank you

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Always Welcome!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

Can you please send an example which you might have used in your project for this type of issue? A qvf file will be appreciated.

Regards

Manoj

Not applicable
Author

Hi, i was searching the same thing, and the solution i found in qliksense branch, with this project Sheet Navigation + Actions for Qlik Sense.

is the best solution for this

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Manoj,

If you create an extension which runs a function in javascript every 5 min (or the time interval you need) which calls this : "app.doReload();" you can automate this on the desktop version.

Use the setInterval() function in JS to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Ho w do you use this extension    

Not applicable
Author

Hi, you must import the extension from here, https://"NAME_OF_YOUR_SERVER"/qmc/extensions,    after this, u can see the extension in the object panels, can add a button with this functionality, " select value in field " update the year and month, that was that i did, cause dosnt exist another option.

i hope can help u.