Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show the total value of different lines in a line chart

Hi! Is there a way that I can show a total line in a line chart. I have 2 dimensions represented as calendar year and Cost Center and a measure as Costs In which is basically the expense generated. In the line chart, I'm supposed to show a total line which will be the summation of the expenses of the cost centers. Example, if I select 2 cost centers, it should display a third line as well which will be the total. I found a link How do I show a total line in a line chart? but unfortunately, I'm getting 0 in the total.

For reference, I'm attaching the file and the screenshot of the visualization that I currently have. Appreciate your help in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please post a sample QVF with your current status.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

PFA the sample qvf. Thanks!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for your quick response! Could you please explain the [Sheet1-1] part in the script? I saw that it is a resident table label, but what does [sheet1-1] imply here?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's the name of your data table in your data model.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply! I could figure out that the table name is 'sheet1' but in the script, it is mentioned

'sheet1-1'. Shouldn't that be 'sheet1' in place of 'sheet1-1'? Sorry for asking the same question!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The auto-generated script (which was part of the app you've sent me) is containing a code block that is renaming the resident table sheet1, that was loaded in the first tab, to sheet1-1, then loading again from table source, auto-concatenating the tables and ignoring the explicite table name label 'sheet1'.

Probably that's not what you want to do, I only added the LinkTable to demonstrate your total line issue resolution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the explanation!