cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CreepyCatLady
Creator
Creator

Show week total

Hi, I am new to Qlik and learning as I go, so please forgive me if this is a simple question.

I need to show totals of how often a specific application has been used. I can easily show daily totals, like this:

01Capture.PNG

But what I need to show are weekly totals. How do I sum the Details field by week?

Thank you!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Taoufiq_Zarra

@CreepyCatLady  if i understood correctly you need to change you dimenison to

=weekname(if(LocalDate >'5/31/2019' and LocalDate <today(),LocalDate))
Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉

View solution in original post

Taoufiq_Zarra

@CreepyCatLady  like ?

=weekname(if(LocalDate >'5/31/2019' and LocalDate <Date(weekstart(today())-1),LocalDate))
Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@CreepyCatLady  if i understood correctly you need to change you dimenison to

=weekname(if(LocalDate >'5/31/2019' and LocalDate <today(),LocalDate))
Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

CreepyCatLady
Creator
Creator
Author

I think I tried every possible combination of those elements besides this one. This worked perfectly, thank you so much.

CreepyCatLady
Creator
Creator
Author

@Taoufiq_Zarra one more question, if you don't mind. Is there a way I can get this to cut off at the end of the previous week (currently, it goes up to today, which makes it look like usage drops way down on a Monday or Tuesday)? I tried changing "weekname" to "weekend" but it still goes all the way to current day. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Taoufiq_Zarra

@CreepyCatLady  like ?

=weekname(if(LocalDate >'5/31/2019' and LocalDate <Date(weekstart(today())-1),LocalDate))
Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA