Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishapanda1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Showing field name and table name from database in Qliksense /Qlikview both

Hi Friend,

I have a requirement  where user wants the field name and table name in tabular form in Qlik. you can consider the metadata of the Data.

Scnario :

As shown below table i need to show in a table that all the fields are coming from which table of the database of any (sql,excel) and  what are the source column  name in database , and it should be automatically populated the in the QS/QV table box , is it doable can some please help. 

Field name in QlikTable in Database Column name in Database
QTR1SalesQuater1
QTR2SalesQuater2
Totalsales Primary salesTotal sales
Labels (1)
3 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

You can get all the fields and tables in Qlik Sense / QlikView using the script I've put below, but what the column is in the database is not stored in the metadata in Qlik Sense. You would need to store a lookup yourself of what the final field was in Qlik Sense and what the source data was so that you could join it up yourself in your data load in QS/QV.

for j=0 to NoOfTables()-1
FOR i = 1 to NoOfFields(TableName($(j)))

Fields:

LOAD
TableName($(j)) as TableName,
FieldName($(i),TableName($(j))) as FieldName

AutoGenerate 1

;

NEXT i
next j

let vAppName = DocumentTitle();
manishapanda1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply. 

With the code i am able to get the table and fieldnames but when I am taking to a table box the values of the table / field name are not mapped. it's randomly showing the table and fieldnames against the values. I need values should show correct table and field name where it actually derived from . Can you please help me how I will get that as well. 

Thanks, 

Manisha P. 

EugeniaCastillaFragoso
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Did you ever figure it out??? I am having the same issue... HELP!