Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Single Column Stacked Bar Chart

Hi,

I want to create a single column stacked bar chart showing annual targets which will be displayed next to another chart for reference.   I used an excel file with 2 columns(Region, Target).  I created the bar chart, but the option to choose Stacked doesn't appear under Presentation, just horizontal or vertical.  Is this supported?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

For Stacked bar Chart you need two Expression and you can choose this option in Style tab

View solution in original post

4 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

For Stacked bar Chart you need two Expression and you can choose this option in Style tab

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sort of. You can use a bar chart without dimensions and an expression for each region:

sum({<Region={'RegionA'}>}Target)

sum({<Region={'RegionB'}>}Target)

sum({<Region={'RegionC'}>}Target)

...etc

sum({<Region={'RegionX'}>}Target)

Or if a horizontal bar is acceptable you can use a Block Chart with Region as dimension and something like sum(Target) as expression.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
matthieu_burel
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Or you can also create it with :

- 2 dimensions

+ a static dimension like text :  = 'Total'

+ your dynamic dimension : Region

- 1 expression

mohamedafzal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Out of 2 dimension, one would be the actual dimension and the other you can create a dummy dimension like if(Year = 1900,'A','B'), where Year is the filed in your dataset.

Since you won't have 1900 as year in your dataset, it will return only B as dimension and A would be NULL.