Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

Single sign on for qlik sense

Hi,

I am trying to do SSO for my app. actually my app was integrated with a web application. app url was used in the web application. to access the web application we are using windows authentication. if click the link it will redirect to the sense hub. but it asking the user credentials again. server admin told he enabled single sign on in server. in qmc what should to i do to avoid the  credentials request.

Thanks

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Arul,

That's a very good question. if you get the answer please post in the community. We are also planning to implement the same in the future.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Any help guys.....

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

can anyone tell me qlik sense using what web server?

Vincenzo_Esposito

‌Does your web application perform an authentication and you want users already authenticated on your web app need no put again use/pwd on Qlik Sense? In that case you want to implement a ticket authentication

Ticket solution ‒ Qlik Sense

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

Exactly that is what i need.  can you give some extra details about this how to do?

Vincenzo_Esposito

Sure, basically your website can have any authentication you want. You normaly check the user authentication based on something they know (eg. user credential), something they have (eg. a badge or a key) or something they are (eg. Biometrics authentication).

Keeping things simple, let's consider user credential. Your website need to implement the authentication which ask for the user credential and check if they are corrects or not. I'll refer to the snipped of code used for this scope as "Authentication Module". The Authentication Module can check the user credential reading them on whatever you want (eg. custom database, an LDAP or an AD). What is important to understand is tha the Authentication Module is in charge of your web application, you need to write it.

Once you implemented the above scenario, you can configure Qlik Sense to trust your Authentication Module using the Tiket authentication. In that case your Authentication Module, just after checked the user credential, needs to ask to Qlik Sense Proxy a Ticket on behalf of the authenticated user. This ticked will be included in all the subsequent header request.

You can find out more on a Fredrick's valuable article here Tickets in Qlik Sense  and on the standard documentation here

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

for Authentication Module i have to configure in virtual proxy?

arulsettu
Master III
Master III
Author

the website we are using LDAP (windows authentication)

Vincenzo_Esposito

‌Yes you have to configure a virtual Proxy. Follow the standard documentation on that