Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdlnfool
Contributor
Contributor

Sloped Reference Line Going to Zero

Good day all!

I am trying to add a measure to a chart to generate a sloped line or "glide slope" which starts at the value on the first date and goes to 0 at a certain date as shown in the graph below.  I hand jammed the values for the red line, but would like to use the same idea for other graphs, so using a function or formula would be ideal.  Even using a fitted line but forcing to zero would be fine.

pdlnfool_0-1663368269558.png

I'm thinking I could use the LinEst_M function and force the line to pass through the x-axis at the end date (when y is zero) but get a curved line and the y axis starting value is not correct.

pdlnfool_2-1663371920370.png

In another attempt, I divided the value from the first date by the number of weeks of data, which gives me the slope. I then multiplied the slope by the week number of data (week 1, week 2, etc) and subtracted that from the first value.  This gave me the correct values...

pdlnfool_0-1663373710877.png

But using the same formula in the chart causes a broken line for some reason.  It seems Qlik doesn't like the calculation with the Week() function.  To troubleshoot, I replaced the Week() function with a number and  the line is no longer broken (but obviously gives the wrong data).

pdlnfool_3-1663372154067.png

Any insight would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Chris

Labels (1)
  • Chart

0 Replies