Slow performance of Qliksense Hub in Enterprise version
We are currently using Qlik Sense September 2020-13.95.3 version in our QlikSense environment. Recently users are complaining on the slowness observer in hub portals ( Both consumer and developer hubs) when even small applications are taking long time to open. The apps loading forever to open and the sheets are also rendered very slowly. We tried to close all active session , clear cache and cookies and start the applications again. It helped for sometime, but again the issue started in sometime. We analysed server event logs and few on the QlikSense logs, but cannot conclude on the cause. Please suggest on possible troubleshooting actions we can perform in this case.
If you have the Network tab open in Chrome Dev Tools in a new window and then open up the Hub, does it show a particular item that seems to be slowing things down? Similarly, if you open up the Hub while on the Console tab in Chrome Dev Tools, do you get any errors or warnings?
Did the slowness happen after a particular event? Perhaps a Windows update, virus software update, network reconfiguration, deployment migration, new major security rules, Qlik Sense upgrade/patch, Qlik extension installation/upgrade?
How many users (average concurrent and total) and apps do you have in your environment?
About how many security rules does your Qlik environment use? Are they generally more broad or more specific? (See this doc for help on determining this.)
Is your deployment single- or multi-node?
What specs does your server(s) have (RAM/CPUs/Drive space/etc.)?
Does your environment use any external load balancers?
Does your environment have any virus protection software installed, or even other programs that are running on the Qlik server(s)?
Are you just using Qlik Sense in your deployment or also GeoAnalytics/nPrinting?
Are you using VizLib extensions or any other extensions that rely (in part) on outside internet access?
Our Qliksense is a multi-node environment which is recently migrated to Sept 2020 version. we also have Geo analytics and Nprinting. There is no other particular modifications we performed in the platform. On an avg we have 35 concurrent users and 1000 total users, with 2000 apps in our environment. there are 30 custom security rules in use which are more specific. We have high performance RAM and CPU with 1 TB and 28 cores for our consumer and developer nodes. other nodes also have high RAM of 512GB. Our servers are running with Cylance antivirus protection software.
From event logs we noticed few errors related to Qlik sense service dispatcher unexpected terminating the process. Checking from Resource distribution logs, there are few errors for HDSservice stating 'Could not fetch hybrid deployments : 500 '. This errors are seen intermittently, was wondering if this error are causing some performance issue in the platform.
Did you get to any solution for this? I have just done an upgrade to Sept 2020 13.95.10 and am seeing what feels like significant delays opening an App as compared with the Feb 2019 version that I was previously on.
It is not always the case, and sometimes the opening of an app is quick, but other times I can sit for a long time.
I find that there is very little activity on the server at the time I'm testing (it's our dev server, and there are only a small number of people who use it).
This morning it almost seems like there could be a caching issue, or some problem on first attempt to open anything. When I first tried to open an app I sat and waited >min, then every app (including much larger ones) are opening quickly without any issues.