Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smartsheet Connection

Hi guys,

I have to connect qlik with a Smartsheet table, passing its credencials.

I know that there is a connector in QVsoure, but the company is not willing to spend money on it now

Is there a possibility to connect with it via REST?

Thanks,

Fernando

21 Replies
Karahs
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Amy,

I followed the steps as given in your pdf, REST connection was successfully done but i cannot see any data in my data preview. Could you please help with that?

Thanks & Regards,

Kshitija

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Can you explain this authorization? Is this user who has privilege on table in smartsheet? Or what?

Thanks,

Jasmina

bradforrest
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Amy

I'm following your instructions but not able to successfully load from Smartsheet. Do you know if any of your parameters need to be changed now 3 years later?

Hope_AA
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I using the connection to Rest method you described but I'm getting "Failed to connect to server" message. Can you give me some help on that?

Thanks

guruslu2020
Contributor II
Contributor II

Looks like Amy is not responding.  Can @Anonymous  help us answer these questions?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you an Enterprise Smartsheet user? If so, this link may help:

https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/apps/qlik

I saw mention earlier in the thread about the cost of QWC. If you have a Sense license key you can license QWC with this. 

If you can post the errors you are getting from REST I may be able to provide some pointers, but as I don't use smartsheet I can't try creating a connection. 

For testing REST connections, Postman can be helpful. 

Good luck. 

parkera
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This looks the way to go, but please also be aware that Qlik Web Connectors are shipped free of charge if your Qlik Sense Licencing is current. Worth speaking to your partner to validate.

Hint: Check out https://www.qlik.com/us/-/media/files/legal/license-agreements/qlik-sense/license-metrics-qlik-sense... - should always be your first port of call for licensing. As it is in the public domain.

bradforrest
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

@stevedark I used the REST connector but it brought the data back in a horrible format - column names as field values, data values as field values with no logical way to link them to the correct headers, etc

guruslu2020
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any luck fixing the REST connector?  Were you able to find the correct columns? 

bradforrest
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

No, I just reverted to the ODBC unfortunately. But it would make my life a lot easier if I could connect directly to Smartsheet.