Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smartsheet Live Data Connector

Hello, everyone

I am trying Qlik for free to get a feel for it. My company currently uses Smartsheet and I would like to import data into Qlik. I followed Smartsheet's user guide by downloading the installer, created a DSN and configured, then lastly created an app via Qlik to integrate the data. However, when I want to add data on Qlik (green box at bottom of app screen) it will not let me. I am using Qlik Sense Desktop version. Can anyone provide some insight as to why I cannot add data?

Thanks,

6 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

What kind of file does Smartsheet create or are you trying to connect directly?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I believe I am trying to connect directly. What do you mean by file?

rittermd
Master
Master

I didn't know if you were simply export some data from Smartsheet to then use in Qlik Sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ahh, okay understood. Then yes, I am trying to directly connect. Smartsheet has a connector for Qlik and I followed through with the directions given to me (https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/qlik). Everything is set up in my ODBC data sources, I am just not sure if this is a limitation of having a free trial OR I am messing up somewhere. The guide tells me I should be able to click here and continue, but it is a no-go. Pic 1.PNG

rittermd
Master
Master

There are no limitations in the Desktop version.  If there is a connector then you should be able to pick ODBC from your list of options and then point to that connection that you created.on your local computer.  Then login to this connection.  If that is successful then you should be able to click on Add Data to load.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay, I will give that a try and see what I can come up with. I appreciate your help!