Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Sort DESC for a dimension by expression

The sort order is not working properly on the front end and I'd like to sort the dimension values by an expression DESC- if possible. Tried incorporating following this thread but no luck. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-QlikView/Sorting-in-Asc-or-Desc-in-Expression/m-p/1408751

5 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Please provide sample app or provide with more details

124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Here is a picture of my issue. We do not use a filter pane, instead we force our users to select the values directly from the chart. I've looked into expression but was wondering if there is a quick fix and if not, what are the available options?

124rooski_0-1598056380451.png

Kushal_Chawda

I don't think you will be able to sort the search value  as it takes the default sorting set by Qlik engine. Instead you can ask users to select the values from filter pane which will be the better option.

dieterwoestemeier
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

The version I'm running (June 2020 - Patch 3) has this "Inherit from dimension" option in the table object, which 

I believe this would solve your problem. What object/version are you using? 

dieterwoestemeier_0-1598257648830.png

dieterwoestemeier_1-1598257769042.png

Cheers,

124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Very odd. We have the same Qlik version, but I am not finding that in my object. I'm using a line graph but also tried bringing in a table but I do not see that option.. At first thought it may be limited to just a table object but don't see that option on my end.. I am still not convinced that Qlik can't do this.