Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreatGreekYogurt
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sort expression

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to Qlik Sense, been using it for less than a month now. 

I have a graph that is comparing values between 2 fields in a bar chart. I want to create a sort expression stored in a variable, that will work by sorting either by 1st field or the 2nd by pressing a button.

I want to create Variable input extension from Qlik Dashboard bundle, buttons showing two field names. 

Qlik sense help.png  

My goal is to sort the chart in descending order by clicking on the button depending which field I chose.

So my problem is, I am having trouble thinking of how to write the expression for the variable that I have to use for this Variable input extension.

For example, my field names here are named 'Make World Better' and 'STEM'. 

Please let me know if I am going the right way with this (not quite sure) and if I am, please share with me any methods or tips how to pull this off. I would highly appreciate it!

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Find the solution attached.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Find the solution attached.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
GreatGreekYogurt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Kaushiknsolanki,

I tried to import your app in Qlik sense apps directory, but it is not appearing in the Qlik Sense desktop HUB. I tried to find what is the problem, but I'm unable to do that, this happens first time for me.

Can you help me with this?

GreatGreekYogurt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can anyone try to open the attachment and make screenshot of the expression for me, please?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

I will share the detailed document by tomorrow.

GreatGreekYogurt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you, waiting patiently for that.

Sorry for the spam.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is the entire article.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/user-defined-sorting-qlik-sense-kaushik-solanki/

Hope you will be benefited.