Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aresb
Creator
Creator

Sorting Problem with aggr

Hi everyone,

i have this set expression:

aggr(RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth ={"<=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))} >} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, YearMonth)),Country,YearMonth)

which aggregates a YTD expression and give to me this result (YTD CY Total Entered Calls)

aresb_0-1684748208924.png

Now, im trying to achieve the same results but splitted in YearWeek division, using this set expression

aggr(RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth ={"<=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))} >} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, RowNo())),Country,Yearweek)

Anyway,even the numbers are correct, are splitted anomally

aresb_1-1684748363384.png

The correct result should be this

aresb_2-1684748676935.png

As you can see, sorting will not help because the number are associated to wrong dimension.

i can't figure out where the problem is, any idea?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aresb
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi!

I managed to solve in this way

aggr(RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth ={"<=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))} >} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, RowNo())),Country,(Yearweek,TEXT,ASCENDING))

and it's working !

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Aggr() function generates an array of values that have its own sort order - different from the sort order of the visible table. To sort the Aggr() array, you need a structured parameter. See https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/ag...

But why do you use the Aggr() at all? If you just use the RangeSum() measure, this will calculated from the visible table - which is what you want. So, try this instead:

RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth ={"<=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))} >} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, RowNo(total)))

aresb
Creator
Creator
Author

hi hic,

your solution doesn't work,

if i use you formula it always give me previous month

aresb_0-1684759291640.png

so that's why i use the aggr().

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Oh yes, a solution with RangeSum() does indeed work. See image below, where you clearly can see that it accumulates correctly.

If you don't get the result you want, I think you should try to find the error instead of using Aggr(). Aggr() is slower and could cause other problems.

hic_0-1684772857506.png

aresb
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi!

I managed to solve in this way

aggr(RangeSum(Above(total sum({<YearMonth ={"<=$(=Max(YearMonth))"}, Year = {$(=Max(Year))} >} cod_connid_2_3_4_6_7_v), 0, RowNo())),Country,(Yearweek,TEXT,ASCENDING))

and it's working !