Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alanwong1178
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sorting in Pivot table

Hi all,

I would like to do some sorting on Pivot table with multiple layer or dimension. In the case below , I would like the pivot table to be sort by Client level first (yellow). 

In this sort  by sales in descending order from Client A , Client B then Client C.

Then I would like to sort by Sales in Country level within each client. In client B case, I hope that it can US , Taiwan then Japan

Then I would like to sort by Sales in Product level within each country in each client. For example , I hope that it can be sort as Software , Alcohol then Jewelry under US for Client C.

Please kindly help

alanwong1178_0-1634720260988.png

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If you select "Sort by first measure", I think this is exactly what should happen...

Or_0-1634721051236.png

alanwong1178
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Actually I would like to make it more dynamic because I have multiple measures /column like cost , profit. This means it can sort by profit or other measures which means it is not necessary to be first measures only

Or
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately, you can only sort by the first measure. The only way to make this dynamic is to make the measures themselves dynamic, so that the user can select which measure comes first.