Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting in drill-down dimension not working

Hey guys,

I've made a dirll-down dimension which drills down about 4 times berfore reaching the Financial Year dimension, and I can't seem to get the sorting working for a couple of the years, namely 2004/05 and 2005/06.

qliksense example.png

Inspecting the dimension shows that it should be in order, and when I put it at the top of the drill-down it is ordered correctly so I'm guessing it has something to do with the drill-down. Even more annoying is if I drill down once more to Periods, it's even more jumbled when I want it to go from 1-12. Again, if it's at the top of the drill-down it orders correctly.

qliksense example2.png

Currently the sorting is on automatic with the Dimension on the top, but no matter what I change it to I can't get anything to sort differently and I'm not familair with the sorting expressions.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Sorry forgot to post, I don't think I'll be able to post the app.

Message was edited by: James Kerrigan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinien
Partner - Contributor III

Hi

I encountered the same problem some time ago. It's probably a bug (or a not yet implemented feature).

I found a workaround here :http://community.qlik.com/message/618854

In short : you have to use "order by" on in your loading script to sort your date chronologically.

Works fine with dates, but sadly it doesn't allow you to change the sorting order on a drill down dimension directly in the application.

Martin

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Change the sorting in your drill down group. Can post your app?

Regards,

Greeshma

Not applicable
Author

Sorry forgot to add that I can't post the app outside my org.

I've tried changing the sorting to no luck.

mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

James, I have the same problem.  In our case a drill from Year to Period works perfectly but if we go more fields or character/dual drill to numeric it seems to fail.  We haven't done the work to create an example for submitting to support but I think it is a bug. (ver 1.0.2)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

I'm also using v1.0.2. I was thinking it may have been a bug. That's a shame. I wonder if anyone else experiences it.

Thanks for the helpful replies

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, same problem here! Fixed in next version -- right?

Not applicable
Author

What about sorting with Load Order..?

martinien

Hi

I encountered the same problem some time ago. It's probably a bug (or a not yet implemented feature).

I found a workaround here :http://community.qlik.com/message/618854

In short : you have to use "order by" on in your loading script to sort your date chronologically.

Works fine with dates, but sadly it doesn't allow you to change the sorting order on a drill down dimension directly in the application.

Martin