Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting the dimension

Hi guys,

One issue that I'm facing while using qlik sense is that if we give 'Dates' as a dimension then the graph/report is generated as per the data available in the input sheet but if I want to generate a report with sorted values of the 'dates' what should I do??Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rather date#():

Date#(Date,'DD/MM/YYYY') as Date

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Go to sorting tab of the chart and ensure your date field is the first one in the list then if you load a proper date field Qlik Sense should sort the the dates correctly

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erdal Akbulut,

Thanx for the reply but my actual problem is when I'm trying to sort the date field only the first part of the field is getting sorted,i.e,support that my date format is dd/mm/yyyy then the sort is happening only for 'dd' part where as others are not getting sorted......Result is somewhat like this 01/08/2014,01/05/2000,01/02/2001, 01/06/2033,   02/05/2016,02/08/2004,02/12/2020 etc...I think now you'l be able to understand my real issue

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Sumanth,

This is because QV is taking dates in text format. Try this is script:

In your normal load

load

Date(Date,'DD/MM/YYYY') as Date

from <>

You can try using Dual function also.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rather date#():

Date#(Date,'DD/MM/YYYY') as Date

Not applicable
Author

Sumanth,

As other's stated it looks like, Qlik Sense read them as text,

Check the attached file which uses a real dates and formatted/sorted correctly.

I am not sure which data source you are using but  you may fixed it in your source or use Date# and Date functions to format them as date in your load scripts.

Dates.qvf