Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zaahier_dollie
Contributor II
Contributor II

Source Data file - qlik sense enterprise

Hi

I have just started working on qlik sense enterprise.. coming from qlik view.

My source files are excel and saved on a folder on server.

When these excel files are updated, the visualizations are not updating... i have to relaod the file in data load editor and it I merely updated the excel file and reloaded app, and all new data reflected.

Any advice why this happens?

The original excel file is updated off the server, on my desktop.. I then copy and paste into a folder on server, overwriting the excel file qlik sense is pulling from... but it does not update.

thanks

6 Replies
ujjwalraja
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can schedule your app to get updated at a definite interval of time if the source file i.e your excel file is getting updated automatically.

zaahier_dollie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks.. how would I do that, or do you have a link that explains?

rittermd
Master
Master

The easiest way if you have access to the QMC is to go to Apps.  Highlight the app that needs to be reloaded.  Click on the More Actions button at the bottom of the window and choose Create New Reload Task.  That will take you to the Task Window.  You can change the Name of the Task if you want.  Then Click on Actions and choose the type of trigger you want (Daily, Weekly, etc.).  Usually all you then need to change is the time of day to run this.  Click on Apply.

Now this task is scheduled to run automatically. 

If something changes and you want it to run sooner you can always start it manually in the QMC under tasks.

Hope that helps.

zaahier_dollie
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks.. I've tried this.

App scheduled to relaod and it works successfully, BUT it does not refelct the new data.

Let me note the steps, in case you can spot where it is going wrong:

We refresh an excel file daily.

This file is then copied and pasted in the file location on server, that qlik pulls from.

The excel file in the qlik folder is therefore replaced by the most recent version.

When reloading the app, it continues to only view data as of the previous day, and does not identify the new day's transactions that is on the refreshed source.

So I have to edit the app, reinsert the file and then reload.

Any further ideas to overcome this?

ujjwalraja
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can you check if the file name of the excel is same or is it getting changed with the timestamp?