Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
repetto74
Contributor II
Contributor II

Star Schema DWH showing red dotted lines (circula references?)

Dear all,

I kindly need your help on this issue. I am new to QlikSense and BI in general but I am willing to learn. I have modeled a Star Schema DWH for a case study. I have created several Dimensions tables connected to a Fact table using the Kimball methodology of Surrogate keys in Dimension tables associated to Foreign key in the fact table.

All looks good within SQL Management Studio where a couple of sql queries are giving the expected result. I have loaded all my tables into QlikSense and generated the script. I selected the associations between tables fields according to my star schema model (in this Qlik advise with a red status when checking if data matches).

The result is a schema with dotted red lines for each association between Dimension Tables and the Fact Table. Why is that? Most important how can I fix this?

I need really to pass through this bottleneck as the case study deadline is for this Sunday :-(. I spent a lot of time and energy in modeling the schema, creating tables and going through a lot of SSIS manipulation. I am sure this is not a big deal but just my poor knowledge of QlikSense.

Many thanks in advance and stay safe home 🙂

Rick

Sans titre.jpgSans titre2.jpgSans titre3.jpg

Labels (4)
0 Replies