Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

kshitijas
New Contributor III

Star schema!

Hello everyone,

Attached is my following data model, which takes a lot of response time .Can anyone suggest how to convert this in to star schema with relevant syntax? Thanks in advance.

data model.png

Thanks&Regards,

Kshitija

3 Replies
phaneendra_kunc
Valued Contributor III

Re: Star schema!

Here is my approach..But can vary based on your many-many or one-many relations.

1. Add Region, State & City attributes to Location. U can use left join

Load ..... from ;

Left join

Load .... from city;

Left join

Load .... from state;

Left join

Load .... from region;

2. in ATM and Switch seems there is a Synthetic key.. This will solve 90% of the problem

Try creating this new columnn both tables and drop SwitchID & MapID from one of those tables. i

SwitchID & MapID as Key

3. Try to merge CALL tables as much as possible. Cant guess on how you can merge as i dont know the granularity.

karthikoffi27se
Contributor III

Hi Kshitija,

Can you share the existing syntax.

Many Thanks

Karthik

andrespa
Valued Contributor

Hi Kshitija, it depends on a lot of factors. But from a quick glance, I could tell you some advises:

1. You could put all the information of the Call into a single fact table (i.e Fact_Call), which means bring "CallForward", "CallLogStatus" and "CallService" to your current "CallLog" table.

2.  Build a unique key to make the union between the new "Fact_Call" and the "CallClose_ATM" (I couldn't see any evident one right now, but for example something like CallLogId&RowNo() as Key_call_ATM)

3. Bring "Region", "State", "City" and "Location" to a single table (i.e Master_Location)

After those 3 steps you will have two fact tables, "Fact_Call" and "ATM" and a few dimensions (still not the best but better for Qlik than your current one.

Hope it helps,

Andrés

Community Browser