Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruben_moya
Creator
Creator

Store a date in a variable with quotes

Dear Experts,

The following set analysis only works when the date is introduce between quotes:

[CPago_Date]= {'24/09/2019'}

I would need that date to be the date before today:

vToday = date(Today()-1)

I've tried many different things but I can't get any results

[CPago_Date]= {'$(vToday())'}

I hope I explained myself clearly enough, once again, thanks a lot for your time!

7 Replies
AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

Try This 

DATE(TODAY()-1,'DD/MM/YYYY')

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

2 options

1-i dont think your date field is date so make convert it to date using date# and date

2- in variable declare it like so =chr(39) & date(Today()-1) & chr(39). this will give the output you want but not sure if it will work. i would recommend option 1

ruben_moya
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, 

thanks a lot for your reply. Unfortunately I ve already tried all those options. As I mentioned before I need the date quoted 

[CPago_Date]= {'24/09/2019'}

Ive also tried concatenating today's date with chr(39), but even though I get the date between quote marks, It doesn't work. 

I was hoping to find a way to solve my problem by using variables, but I can't find the solution

[CPago_Date]= {'$(variable)'}

marcus_sommer

The suggestion from dilipranjith with a variable-creation of:

vToday = chr(39) & date(Today()-1) & chr(39);

should work by calling the variable without quotes, like:

[CPago_Date]= {$(vToday )}

Beside this - although rather seldom applied - best practice is to avoid all this formatting stuff by using always pure numerical values for each kind of calculation or matching.

- Marcus

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

What's your column type for your date field? Converting it to date / numeric is the most sustainable and flexible option

ruben_moya
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your replies.

Im using master calendar

If I use year or month without quotes it would work perfectly:

Sum({<[CPago_Year]={2019},
[CPago_%Flag_SameDay] = {1}, [CPago_%Flag_SameMonth] = {1}, [CPago_%Flag_ThisYear] = {1}>}sales_amount)

Sum({<[CPago_Month]={feb.},
[CPago_%Flag_SameDay] = {1}, [CPago_%Flag_SameMonth] = {1}, [CPago_%Flag_ThisYear] = {1}>}sales_amount)

when it comes to dates I have to use quotes. 

Sum({<[CPago_Date]={'01/01/2019'},

As you said before, I will have to check how CPago_Date was created in the calendar and its format.

marcus_sommer

Dates are also just numbers - quite often they are formatted in any way but this is not needed (in fact it's the opposite) to match/calculate with them. Just add in your master-calendar:

num(CPago_Date) as CPago_DateNUM

and then for

vToday = today()-1

will

[CPago_DateNUM]={$(vToday)}

work.

- Marcus